Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Keeping in Touch

My missionary friend Kelly home for a couple of weeks in Dec. (we happen to be in the same place at the same time)!



One of the hardest things that has happen to me since moving out of California, resigning from my position as youth pastor and moving away from all family, has been keeping in touch. Motherhood and Wifehood has become my life. People say that the older you get the harder it is to make friends, well its true. Especially when you uproot your life right in the middle of making new friends. Since all of my close friends are either in another state or country or even continent it has been extremely hard to stay connected to them. Even with the wonders of email, cell phones, facebook, and blogs it is still extremely hard to feel like you are still apart of their lives.


Not having the face to face time with these dear people to me has been a true test to faithfully remember them in my prayers. I can post all the pictures and comments I want and email all I want but not seeing their faces daily or even weekly has given me a new sense of truly giving these people up to God. So every night Nathan, Joel and myself pray for all those people that are in our lives but not living near us. It has given us such a peace knowing that we can still keep in touch through our heavenly Father!

No comments:

Post a Comment