Monday, March 17, 2014

Its been a year, and its done

One year. One whole, expensive year. That's how long it took for us to finally complete our living room. A year ago this month we emptied our living room. I mean we stripped it down to the cement foundation and started there and worked our way up. After paying off some major debt (yay!), Joel said I could finally get new floors. The carpet was about 9 years old and after two kids and child care and youth ministry and never having them steam cleaned it was time. And after the floors finally came the whole what is my decorating style? How do I picture a house to look on the inside? I have boys will they handle this new girly touch? You know what I did? Once our floors were done and the walls painted, I picked a wall and started there. Once that wall was done, I picked the next wall, until each wall was decorated just the way I wanted it.

So here is to the one year anniversary of the most expensive thing Joel and I (besides buying a car) have ever (and possibly ever again) spent money on. Our living room remodel is done. I am sure I will switch out a lamp shade here, or a pillow there but the style and color and theme is done. Thank you for taking this journey with me. Enjoy! Each picture is the before (in all its messy glory) and the after taken from the same spot. I love our living room now and all the little details in it.

  












No comments:

Post a Comment